The following guidelines are recommended by AACRAO (American Association of Collegiate Registrar's and Admission's Officers) and also approved by Loyola University:
- The admissions records of enrolled students are retained for 10 years.
- Acceptance letters, applications, correspondence, credit by examination, test scores, transcripts, transfer credit evaluations, and admissions decision information are retained on non-enrolled students for a period of two years.
- Records and Registration Documents are retained for a period of one year.
- Change of grade forms, final grade rosters, transcripts, catalogs, class schedules, and graduation certifications are retained indefinitely.
- Name change authorizations - five years
Students are required to report and appeal all discrepancies regarding all academic records to the Office of Student Records within 30 days from the final class day of the semester in which the discrepancy occurred.