The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Committee (DEIC) is a Faculty Handbook Committee that advises the President on all matters relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Reports to the President.
Review on a regular basis the progress made within the University in the recruitment, appointment, promotion, and other employment considerations of members of marginalized groups with respect to diversity, equity, and inclusion goals and time tables.
Present to the President annually a fully detailed analysis of the current student and employment profiles, and recommends to the President any remedies it deems necessary in order to keep alive the ideals of diversity, equity, and inclusion at the University.
Recommend to the President modifications of the diversity, equity, and inclusion strategic plan when it determines such modifications are desirable.
Support diversity in the curriculum by encouraging faculty members to include diversity topics in their courses, and by offering tangible support to faculty to encourage the creation of courses which promote diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Monitor and promotes academic and co-curricular programs and activities that feature diversity, equity, and inclusion themes.
Meet monthly during the academic year.
Members include faculty representatives from each of the colleges and Library, staff representatives of relevant offices, and student representatives of the Student Government Association.
TBD, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Chair
- TBD, College of Business (2020)
- Angel Parham, College of Arts and Sciences (2022)
- Madison Silverstein, College of Arts and Sciences (2022)
- Andrew Lau, University Library
- Gordon Towell, College of Music and Fine Arts
- TBA, College of Law (2021)
- TBA, College of Nursing and Health (2019)
- Heather Malveaux, Mission and Ministry (2020)
- Tee Poplion, Enrollment Management
- Patricia Boyett, Director, Women's Resource center (ex officio)
- Rachel Dirmann, Human Resources
- Asia Wong, Student Affairs (2020)
- Robert Morrison, SGA (2021)
- Angelyss Vasquez, SGA (2021)
Committee List Published by the Office of the Provost
Contact Kurt Bindewald 504-865-3034, email@example.com with any corrections or changes.
To encourage and support programming on diversity issues, the DEIC awards Strength in Diversity mini-grants on a rolling basis throughout the academic year. Student organizations, faculty, and staff may apply.
All proposals must:
- Address one or more of the following dimensions of diversity: age, class, culture, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, and sexual orientation.
- Promote the understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion on the academic experience and/or community life of Loyola University.
Additionally, proposals should:
- Make a long-term impact on enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion at Loyola.
- Reach a broad range or number of students, staff, or faculty.
- Address a significant currently unmet need or concern related to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The Committee is especially interested in proposals that address the 2019-20 theme of the Office of Diversity & Inclusion: "Empowering Each Other."
Grant amounts shall not exceed $500. Funded projects must be completed before June 30, 2020, and grant funds must be spent in full by July 17, 2020. Grant recipients must submit a final report no later than 14 days after completion of the funded project.
How to apply:
1. Complete the appropriate application form.
- For Events (not including speaker or performer)
- For Speakers or Performers
- For Conferences or Workshops
2. Submit your completed application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Strength in Diversity Grant Application.”
Fall 2019 - Spring 2020 Deadlines
Round 1: Friday, September 6, 11:59pm
Round 2: Friday, November 1, 11:59pm
Round 3: Friday, February 7, 11:59pm
Round 4: Friday, April 3, 11:59pm
LATE OR INCOMPLETE PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.