Second Bachelor's Degree
A student who has already been awarded a bachelor’s degree may apply for a second degree only if the second degree is different from the first degree. Ordinarily, a second degree at the undergraduate level is discouraged, and a graduate degree is encouraged. However, in rare instances, two baccalaureate degrees may be appropriate to a student’s educational goals. Students who hold a baccalaureate degree from Loyola University or any other accredited institution may earn a second bachelor’s degree from Loyola if they meet the following conditions:
- Have the approval of and work out program details with the dean of the college involved;
- Complete at Loyola a minimum of 30 additional semester hours beyond the first degree, at least 15 hours of which must be in the second degree’s major;
- Complete all requirements for the second degree not covered by the first degree program;
- Meet all quality point and grade requirements set by the college, including the college’s Common Curriculum requirements.
- Students should be aware that financial aid opportunities for those seeking a second baccalaureate degree are limited.