Enrollment at Other Universities - Undergraduate
Students must obtain the prior written permission of their dean to enroll in courses at other institutions.
- No transfer credit will be awarded for such work unless the courses are approved by the student’s department and dean.
- Only students in good standing (overall gpa of 2.000 or greater) are granted permission to attend another institution.
- Students are cautioned that deans will grant permission to take courses elsewhere only when the student can demonstrate compelling reasons to do so.
- Credit will be awarded only as earned hours for approved courses in which grades of C or above have been earned.
- An official copy of the transcript from the other institution must be submitted to the Dean of their college for evaluation of transfer credit.
- Students from Loyola who have been excluded are not allowed to take coursework elsewhere. If they violate this restriction, the transcript may be requested, but credit will not be given for the coursework nor will the grade point average be used to accept or reject a student who wishes to reenter Loyola. Coursework taken after the period of the exclusion will be evaluated.