How to access Blackboard when using Internet Explorer 7
To ensure that Blackboard works correctly with Internet Explorer 7 (IE7), you must add Blackboard as a trusted site in IE7. You don’t need to follow this procedure unless you have already updated to IE7. To determine which version of Internet Explorer is on your computer, click on the help dropdown menu, then click on about Internet Explorer.
- Access the Blackboard homepage.
- Find the Internet Explorer status bar at the bottom of the page. Double click on the globe icon, which is located on the right side of the status bar. The Internet Security Properties box will open.
- Click on the Trusted Sites icon (the green check mark).
- Click on the Sites button.
- Check to see that the Blackboard URL address appears in the field Add this website to the zone. If the Blackboard URL does not appear in the field, you can enter it manually.
- Uncheck the box next to Require Server Verification (https:) for all sites in this zone.
- Click Add.
- Click Close.
- Click OK.
- Refresh the page, or close Internet Explorer and then re-open Internet Explorer.